The seventh and eighth cases of COVID-19 have now been confirmed in Henry County, according to a release from state health officials
A woman and a second man in their 70’s are the two most recently confirmed cases, according to Nancy Bell, public information officer with the West Piedmont Health District.
Bell said in a release that the woman developed symptoms consistent with the illness around March 4, after no known exposure.
She was isolated at home, and her close contacts identified, Bell added.
The man confirmed to have the virus Friday afternoon also had no known exposure to the illness, the release stated. He developed symptoms consistent with the virus on April 1, according to Bell.
He also was isolated at home, and his close contact(s) also have been identified, Bell said in the release.
Health officials reported earlier Friday that the sixth case had been confirmed in another man, also in his 70s.