The Henry County Public Schools recently honored its 2019 retirees at a dinner.
Those recognized were:
Bassett High School:
• Elizabeth Jones, foreign language teacher; 35 years in Henry County, 38 years total.
• Sharon Lovern, science teacher; 30 years.
Campbell Court Elementary:
• Margaret Thomas, special population bus driver; 15 years.
Center for Community Learning:
• Judith Yeatts, CTE teacher; 23-plus years.
• Melinda Overby, secretary to the superintendent; 41 years.
Drewry Mason Elementary School:
• Robin Arnold, office assistant; 13 years.
Fieldale-Collinsville Middle School:
• Linda Gammons, school nutrition worker; two years.
• Marcia Mitchell, media paraprofessional; 21 years.
• Betty Mize, school nutrition worker; 10 years.
G.W. Carver Elementary School:
• Corrie Middleton, guidance counselor; nine years in Henry County, 42 years total.
• Mary “Lynn” Stone, elementary teacher; 30 years.
• Kathryn Watkins, elementary teacher; 25 years in Henry County, 30 total years.
Laurel Park Middle School:
• Sheilla Coplin, middle school teacher, 18 years in Henry County, 20 years total.
• Cheryl Flood, guidance counselor; 19 years.
• Mary Gamble, school nutrition worker; eight years.
• Shirley Hairston, special population paraprofessional, 18 years.
• Linda Payne, special education teacher; 33 years in Henry County, 40 years total.
• Hughes Scales, school bus driver; 19 years.
Magna Vista High School:
• Linda Cox, CTE teacher; 25-plus years.
• Richard Obenshain, guidance counselor; 35 years in Henry County, 38 years total.
Mount Olivet Elementary:
• Elizabeth Hill, elementary teacher; 21.5 years.
• Lori Stephens, special education teacher; 33 years.
Meadow View Elementary School (formerly Collinsville Primary and John Redd Smith):
• Margaret Dillon, school bus driver; 14 years.
• Shirley Flood, special population bus aide; 10 years.
• Nancy Rotenberry, school nutrition worker; 15 years.
Piedmont Governor’s School:
• Brian Pace, director; 24 years.
Rich Acres Elementary School:
• Richeana Wingfield, elementary teacher; 28 years.
• Donna Wyatt, special population bus driver; 31 years.
Sanville Elementary School:
• Lori Martin, pre-school at-risk teacher; 25 years.
School Bus Garage:
• Lisa Grey, school bus driver; 12 years.
• Gary Williams, bus mechanic; 23 years.
Stanley town Elementary School:
• Debra Compton, special population paraprofessional; 11 years.
Among those speaking at the event, held at Chatmoss Country Club on April 17, were School Superintendent Sandy Strayer; Thomas Auker, vice chairman of the Henry County School Board; and Christy Landon, director of human resources for the school division.
Special presentations were made by the school board members, assisted by Strayer; Lisa Millner, assistant superintendent for teaching and learning; and David Scott, assistant superintendent for operations and administrative services.