The Henry County Board of Supervisors selected its chairman and vice-chairman for the upcoming year during its 2024 Organizational Meeting on Jan. 9.
Jim Adams, of the Blackberry District, was chosen to serve as chairman, and Joe Bryant, of the Collinsville District, was selected as vice-chairman.
“It is an honor to once again be selected by my peers to serve in a leadership position,” said Adams, who was selected to lead the Board for the eleventh time during his 22-year tenure. “We’ve always prided ourselves on our teamwork and our ability to listen to one another to work towards our collective goals. Thank you for the confidence that you’ve shown in me.”
Bryant will serve his third term as vice-chairman after he was
selected for the position following his 2021 re-election bid.
“I’d like to thank my fellow board members for selecting me to be the vice-chairman,” Bryant said. “I look forward to working with the new members on the board. Each year brings its own unique challenges but I’m confident in our team and our ability to work together for the betterment of our county. I look forward to seeing what 2024 has in store.”
In other matters, the board:
- Set the regular meeting dates for 2024. The Board will meet every fourth Tuesday
in the month except December, when the Board chose to meet on Dec. 17 to avoid scheduling conflicts with the holidays.
- Adopted the Board’s bylaws for 2024.
- Adopted the budget calendar for the fiscal year 2024-2025 County Budget.
- Scheduled its 2024 Planning Session for Feb. 6 from 3:30-7 p.m.
- Scheduled a public hearing on January 23 at 6 p.m., to receive input on a proposed siting agreement with Shifting Sands Solar, LLC.